Kincraig Medical Clinic, Naracoorte is currently seeking:
GP Obstetrician and Non Procedural GP’s
Full time and part time positions.
Naracoorte is located in the centre of the south east of SA. It is a vibrant, progressive and growing town with many community and sporting facilities. Home of the world heritage listed Naracoorte Caves and next door to the world-famous Coonawarra wine region.
Along with General Practice, KMC provides a complete service to the Naracoorte Hospital including obstetrics, anaesthetics, surgery, accident and emergency, paediatrics, acute medical and aged care. We provide an excellent opportunity for applicants to utilize and develop a variety of skills in a supervised and supported environment. We provide generous nursing support and enjoy the support of a large number of quality visiting specialists. Participation in after hours and emergency rosters is preferred but not essential.
We have a built purpose designed multi – million dollar medical clinic. This also includes Telehealth Specialists services, on site pathology, mental health and allied health services. KMC is a private billing practice and is fully accredited with AGPAL.
We are a teaching practice for undergraduate and post graduate training and have an excellent record for registrars successfully obtaining their fellowship in General Practice.
We are seeking suitably qualified Doctors who would be interested in working with similarly minded colleagues.
The practice offers:
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation allowance
- Retention Grants
- Percentage of billings and guaranteed amount of $80,000 – $90,000
- Private Billing practice
- DWS available for IMG’s
- Demonstrate high quality clinical skill in rural general practice;
- Able to use professional clinical judgement in the delivery of rural general practice;
- Able to evaluate and apply medical interventions consistent with evidence-based medicine;
- Able to use a range of patient record and recall systems and maintain comprehensive patient record;
- Able to recognise and manage deteriorating patients;
- Able to perform procedures safely and within their competence and defined scope of practice;
- Demonstrate knowledge of common therapeutic agents, uses, dosages, adverse effects and potential drug interactions and ability to prescribe safely;
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control principles and safe practice in relation to blood borne infections in patient care;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients and their families and other members of the health care team;
- Clearly document patient care and maintain complete and timely medical records/progress reports;
- Able to show compassion for patients and sensitivity to their culture, ethnicity and spiritual issues;
- Exhibit high standards of moral and ethical behaviour towards patients, families and colleagues including an awareness of appropriate doctor/patient boundaries;
- Show honesty at all times in their work, putting patient welfare ahead of personal consideration and accepting responsibility for their own actions;
- Participate actively in ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- MBBS or Equivalent
- Ability to obtain Medical registration with AHPRA Medical Board of Australia
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number
- Advanced Life Support Skills
- Experience in General Practice